El-Watch works every day to promote our customer’s environmental responsibility. Our IoT sensors ensure that they operate greener, smarter, and safer – and thereby reduce their climate impact. The main purpose of our products is to optimize operations, save unnecessary use of resources and contribute to a safer society.
Environmental and social impacts of using our IoT technology:
Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced need for maintenance-related travel
- Increased lifespan of existing machines, – fewer machines produced
- Increased awareness of the value of equipment and energy consumption in the machine park
Energy efficiency of the industrial sector
- Higher productivity in the machine park – more production output per energy unit
- Avoid unplanned downtime – fewer energy-intensive start-up sequences
- Better condition of machines and infrastructure saves the company from energy leaks in the form of electricity, compressed air, or gas leaks
Better use of non-renewable materials and minerals
- Reduction in unplanned downtime reduces the scrap rate
- Extended lifespan of the machine park postpones investments in new machines
- Replacement of spare parts at the optimal time – avoids throwing away spare parts that have residual value, as well as running to breakdown with consequential damage to other equipment
A safer society
- Sensor-based PdM reduces the need to send people into hazardous areas to take measurements. 30% of deaths in production companies are related to maintenance operations.
- Sensor-based PdM increases the likelihood that overheating is detected early enough to prevent a fire.
Find out more about why El-Watch’s solutions ensure environmental sustainability: How wireless sensors enable a sustainable manufacturing industry