While a restaurant or food producer has certain routines for their day-to-day operations, the matter of fact is that one can forget to close doors and other access points during stressful situations. In addition, build-up of ice in freezer rooms may keep doors from shutting completely, resulting in increased temperature within.
When the stored produce or food is compromised by increased temperatures, production stops and the business is unable to deliver the required goods to their customer – be it another store or on the plate of an otherwise paying customer. This may also lead to produce turning into a health hazard, which again leads to halted production and unnecessary waste.
Find the perfect sensor solution
Installing open/closed sensors on doors, windows, and gates, including those to freezer or cold rooms, can help mitigate the challenges posed by open access points. These sensors can detect whether the access points are open or closed and provide notifications when they are open for an extended period.
For example, if a freezer room door is left open for too long, the Open/Closed sensor can send an alert to a supervisor or maintenance team, who can then take quick action to close the door and prevent spoilage of perishable goods. A small investment in an open/closed sensor and a temperature sensor can show positive returns through avoiding these unwanted situations.
Overall, Neuron Open/Closed sensors can provide a simple yet effective solution for worksite management by providing an overview of access points and enabling quick action to be taken when necessary to prevent spoilage and other potential hazards.
What you get
- An easy to install Neuron Open/Closed sensor that registers the position of the chosen application and transfers the data wirelessly.
- Continuous measurement and instant alarm when the position changes
- Adjustment of parameters such as measurement frequency on request
- Your own defined alarm levels via the Neuron app, with the option to receive notifications through e-mail or SMS.
- Ease of mind knowing that your products are not spoiling while you are away.